Auckland Panel & Paint Collision Guide
What to do if you are involved in an accident
- Stop your vehicle if it is clear, safe and legal
- Move the vehicle off the travelled roadway
- Turn off the ignition of all vehicles involved in the accident
- Make a first aid check of all persons involved in the accident
- Call the police and, if necessary, emergency medical services
- Mark the scene of the accident, preferably with reflective triangles
- Gather the names of all people in the vehicles and people who witnessed the accident
- Make a quick diagram of where the vehicle occupants were seated and indicate the vehicles’ direction of travel and lane. Also note the date, time and weather conditions
- Ask to see the other driver’s licence and write down the licence number
- Exchange insurance company information. DO NOT discuss “fault” or make statements about the accident to anyone but the police
- Just call 0800 NO WORRIES and let us take care of you!
- Get a copy of the police report of the accident from your local police station
Repair Facts You Should Know
- You are not required to get more than one estimate
- You may have the shop of YOUR choice make the repairs
- Only you, the vehicle owner, can authorize repairs on your vehicle
- Repair estimates will vary. A lower estimate may not include necessary things. It’s YOUR vehicle; make sure it’s repaired to YOUR satisfaction
Auckland Panel & Paint Group Ltd is proud to announce that its City branch won two awards at the 2017 CRA Conference in Melbourne:
‘Outstanding Achievement (Shop Upgrade) Award’ and ‘Quality Assurance – Outstanding Achievement Award’.
Recommended Repairer for New Zealand's leading Insurance & Fleet Management companies.